Banner

Friday, July 9, 2010

Welcome Message - A Time of Firsts


Greetings from sunny Bakersfield! And welcome to the new blog of Stitchy Impressions. We are a wonderful little shop of handmade goodies.


A little about us (or me I should say):

-Stitchy Impressions was officially founded in 2010 however I have many years of experience in crafting.

-We specialize in crocheted and knitted items and jewelry and the occasional unique vintage item that comes our way. (And I do mean unique - currently you will find at stitchyimpressions.etsy.com a lovely pair of vintage maxi pads).

-We are also coming out with a line of spool dolls that we hope will become highly collectible.


How it got started:

It was a sunny day in the small town of Coalinga. I was about 8 years old at the time, my sister was 10, and she didn't want to play with me. In my boredom I went and started pestering my mom who was crocheting at the time. She sat me down with a pink skein of yarn and a brass colored size H Boye crochet hook and that is how I learned to make a granny square. After my first square was made I went through mom's yarn stash and made a giant granny square blanket (pictured) which I still have and the rest is history! I still have the crochet hook too.
My intention now with this blog is obviously going to be shameless shop promotion but also will include product updates, shop announcements, product reviews (I do enjoy ordering from other Etsy and 1000 Markets shops) and anything else that pops into my mind.
Sit back, enjoy a hopefully good and mildly entertaining read, and feel free to offer any comments, suggestions, etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment